Zhong Tang 唐本忠
Member, Chinese Academy of Sciences 中国科学院院士 (MCAS)
Fellow, Royal Society of Chemistry（英国）皇家化学会会士 (FRSC)
Chair Professor, Department of Chemistry
The Hong Kong University of Science & Technology (HKUST)
Clear Water Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China
Phone: +852-2358-7375 (office: Rm. CYT-6002); E-mail: email@example.com
Link to the homepage of Tang Research
Link to AIEgen Biotech Co., Ltd.
Ben Zhong Tang is Stephen K. C. Cheong Professor of Science, Chair Professor of Chemistry,
and Chair Professor of Chemical and Biological Engineering
at The Hong Kong University of Science &
Technology (HKUST). His research
interests include macromolecular chemistry, materials science, and biomedical
theranostics. His research team is
spearheading the research on aggregation-induced emission (AIE).
Tang received BS and PhD degrees from South China
University of Technology (SCUT) and Kyoto University, respectively. He conducted postdoctoral research at
University of Toronto. He joined HKUST
as an assistant professor in 1994 and was promoted to chair professor in
2008. He was elected to the Chinese
Academy of Sciences and the Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) in 2009 and 2013,
Tang has published >1,200 papers. His publications have been cited >80,000 times, with an h-index of 133. He has been listed by Thomson Reuters as Highly Cited Researcher in both areas of
Chemistry and Materials Science. He
received the State Natural Science Award (1st Class; 2017) from the Chinese
Government, the Scientific and Technological Progress Award from the Ho
Leung Ho Lee Foundation (2017), Senior
Research Fellowship from the Croucher Foundation
(2007), etc. He is now serving as Editor-in-Chief of Materials
Chemistry Frontiers (RSC & CCS).
Examples of Research Highlights
Dr. Tang was honored
by a festschrift in J. Polym. Sci. Part A: Polym. Chem. (2017, 55, 505–775).
AIE research highlighted by a Nature News
Feature Article “The
nanolight revolution is coming” on 3 March 2016 (Nature 2016, 531, 26–28).
New York Times published a story about AIE research (“Unusual Molecules Shine Light on New Applications”)
Tang was honored by a festschrift in J. Inorg. Organomet. Polym. Mater. (2015, 25, 1–175).
(1) Academic Qualifications
(2) Professional Services
(3) Examples of Review Articles
(4) Examples of Recent Publications
(5) Useful Links
12/2012-present Stephen K. C. Cheong Professor of Science,
07/2008-present Chair Professor,
Department of Chemistry, HKUST
07/1994-06/2008 Assistant/Associate/Full Professor,
Department of Chemistry, HKUST
04/1989-06/1994 Postdoctoral Research
Associate, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
04/1983-03/1988 PhD, Department of
Polymer Chemistry, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
02/1978-01/1982 BS, Department of
Polymer Science & Engineering, South China University of Technology
(2) Scientific Honors and Professional Services
- Director, Hong Kong Branch of National Engineering
Research Center for Tissue Restoration & Reconstruction
- Director, SCUT–HKUST
Joint Research Institute
Science & Technology Innovation Figures Award (2018)
- State Natural Science Award (1st Class), Chinese
- Scientific and Technological Progress Award, The
Ho Leung Ho Lee Foundation (2017)
- Honorary Citizen of the City of Guangzhou 广州市荣誉市民
- Listed as a Highly Cited Researcher in Chemistry by Thomson Reuters
- Listed as a Highly Cited Researcher in Materials Science by Thomson Reuters
- Fellow, The Royal Society of
- Member, Chinese
Academy of Sciences (2009)
- State Natural Science Award (2nd Class), Chinese Government (2007)
- Croucher Senior Research Fellowship Award, Croucher Foundation (2007)
Chemistry Frontiers published by Royal Society of Chemistry
- Editor-in-Chief, RSC Polymer
Chemistry Series, published by Royal Society of Chemistry
Advances in Polymer Science,
Published by Springer
- Editor, Science
China Chemistry, Published by Springer
- Associate Editor, Progress
in Chemistry, published by Chinese Academy of Sciences
(3) Selected Examples of Invited Review Articles
- AIE-Based Theranostic Systems for Detection and Killing
of Pathogens Theranostics 2019, 9, 3223.
- Aggregation-Induced Emission:
Fundamental Understanding and Future Developments Materials Horizons 2019, 6, 428.
- Macrocycles and Cages Based on
Tetraphenylethylene with Aggregation-Induced Emission Effect Chem. Soc. Rev. 2018, 47, 7452.
- Aggregation-Induced Emission
Luminogens: Union Is Strength, Gathering Illuminates Healthcare Adv. Healthcare Mater. 2018, 7, 1800477.
- Journey of Aggregation-Induced
Emission Research ACS Omega 2018, 3, 3267.
- Polymerizations Based on
Triple-Bond Building Blocks Prog. Polym. Sci. 2018, 78, 92.
- Fluorescent Sensors Based on Aggregation-Induced
Emission: Recent Advances and Perspectives ACS Sensors 2017, 2, 1382.
- AIEgens for Biological Process Monitoring and Disease Theranostics Biomaterials 2017, 146,
- Siloles in
Optoelectronic Devices J. Mater. Chem. C 2017, 8, 7375.
- AIE Luminogens for
Bioimaging and Theranostics: from Organelles to Animals Chem 2017, 3, 56.
- Functionality and
Versatility of Aggregation-Induced Emission (AIE) Luminogens Appl. Phys. Rev. 2017, 4, 021307.
Luminescence (CPL) from Chiral AIE Molecules and Macrostructures Small 2016, 12, 6495.
- Organic Dots Based on
AIEgens for Two-Photon Fluorescence Bioimaging Small 2017,
- Kinetic Trapping–A
Strategy for Directing the Self-assembly of Unique Functional
Nanostructures Chem. Commun. 2016,
- Fabrication of
Fluorescent Nanoparticles Based on AIE Luminogens (AIE Dots) and Their
Applications in Bioimaging Mater. Horiz. 2016, 3, 283.
Emission: Together We Shine, United We Soar! Chem. Rev. 2015,
Emission of Siloles Chem. Sci. 2015,
Luminescence of Aggregation-Induced Emission Luminogens J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 2015, 6,
- AIE Luminogens:
Emission Brightened by Aggregation Mater. Today 2015, 18,
Polymerization of Alkynes Adv. Polym. Sci.
2015, 269, 17.
by Luminogens with Aggregation-Induced Emission Characteristics Chem.
Soc. Rev. 2015, 44, 4228.
Light-up Bioprobes Based on AIEgen Conjugates
Chem. Soc. Rev. 2015, 44, 2798.
Emission: The Whole Is More Brilliant than the Parts Adv. Mater. 2014,
- AIE Macromolecules:
Syntheses, Structures and Functionalities Chem. Soc. Rev. 2014,
- Bioprobes Based on AIE Fluorogens Acc. Chem. Res. 2013, 46, 2441.
- Luminogenic Polymers with Aggregation-Induced Emission
Characteristics Prog. Polym. Sci.
2012, 37, 182.
- Aggregation-Induced Emission Chem. Soc. Rev. 2011, 40, 5361.
- Click Polymerization Chem. Soc. Rev. 2010, 39, 2522.
(4) Selected Examples
of Recent Publications (>1,200 papers; h-index = 133)
- Non-aromatic Annulene-based
AIE System via Aromaticity Reversal Process Nature Commun. 2019, 10, in press.
- A New Strategy towards ‘Simple’ Water-soluble AIE Probes
for Hypoxia Detection Adv. Funct. Mater. 2019, 29,
- A Dual-Functional
Photosensitizer for Ultra-efficient Photodynamic
Therapy and Synchronous Anticancer Efficacy Monitoring Adv. Funct. Mater.
2019, 29, 1902673
- Visualization of Biogenic Amines and in-Vivo Ratiometric Mapping of Intestinal pH by AIE-active Polyheterocycles Synthesized by Metal-Free Multicomponent
Polymerizations Adv. Funct.
Mater. 2019, 29, 1902240.
- Boosting the Efficiency of
Organic Persistent Room-Temperature Phosphorescence by Intramolecular
Triplet-Triplet Energy Transfer Nature Commun. 2019, 10, 1595.
- Highly Efficient Photothermal Nanoagent
Achieved by Harvesting Energy via Excited-State Intramolecular Motion
within Nanoparticles Nature Commun. 2019,
- In-Situ Monitoring Apoptosis Process by A Self-Reporting
Photosensitizer J. Am. Chem.
Soc. 2019, 141, 5612.
- Molecular Motion in Aggregates: Manipulating TICT for
Boosting Photothermal Theranostics J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2019, 141, 5359.
Non-Radiative Decay to Do Useful Work: Development of Multi-Modality
Theranostic System from AIEgen Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2019, 58,
- Facile Synthesis of AIEgens
with Wide Color Tunability for Cellular Imaging
and Therapy Chem. Sci. 2019, 10, 3494.
- Spontaneous and Fast Molecular Motion at Room
Temperature in the Solid State Angew. Chem.
Int. Ed. 2019, 58, 4536.
- Multistimuli Response and Polymorphism of a Novel Tetraphenylethylene
Derivative Adv. Funct.
Mater. 2019, 29, 1900516.
- AIE Featured InorganicOrganic Core@Shell Nanoparticles for High-Efficiency siRNA Delivery and Real-Time Monitoring Nano Lett. 2019,
- Real-Time Monitoring of Hierarchical Self-Assembly and
Induction of Circularly Polarized Luminescence from Achiral Luminogens ACS Nano 2019, 13, 3618.
- Facile Emission Color Tuning and Circularly Polarized Light
Generation of Single Luminogen in Engineering Robust Forms Mater. Horiz. 2019, 6, 405.
the Initial Step of Self-Assembly and the Phase Transition by Stereogenic Amphiphiles with
Aggregation-Induced Emission ACS
Nano 2019, 13, 839.
- AIE Multinuclear Ir(III) Complexes for Biocompatible Organic
Nanoparticles with Highly Enhanced Photodynamic Performance Adv. Sci. 2019, 6, 1802050.
- Guest-Triggered Aggregation-Induced
Emission in Silver Chalcogenolate Cluster
Metal-Organic Frameworks Adv. Sci.
2019, 6, 1801304.
- A Two-Photon AIEgen for Simultaneous
Dual-Color Imaging of Atherosclerotic Plaques Mater. Horiz.
2019, 6, 546.
- In Situ Monitoring of Molecular Aggregation Using
Circular Dichroism Nature Commun. 2018, 9, 4961.
- Highly Sensitive Switching of Solid-State
Luminescence by Controlling Intersystem Crossing Nature Commun. 2018, 9, 3044.
- A Facile Strategy for Realizing Room
Temperature Phosphorescence and Single Molecule White Light Emission Nature Commun.
2018, 9, 2963.
- Light-Driven Transformable Optical Agent with Adaptive
Functions for Boosting Cancer Surgery Outcomes Nature Commun. 2018,
- A Simple Approach to Bioconjugation
at Diverse Levels: Metal-Free Click Reactions of Activated Alkynes with Native
Groups of Biotargets without Prefunctionalization
Research 2018, 1, 3152870.
- Redox-active AIEgen Derived Plasmonic and Fluorescent Core@shell
Nanoparticles for Multimodality Bioimaging J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2018,
- Room Temperature One-Step Conversion
from Elemental Sulfur to Functional Polythioureas
through Catalyst-Free Multicomponent Polymerizations J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2018,
- Facile Multicomponent Polymerizations toward Unconventional Luminescent Polymers with Readily
Openable Small Heterocycles J. Am.
Chem. Soc. 2018, 140, 5588.
- Multiple yet Controllable Photoswitching in a Single AIEgen System J.
Am. Chem. Soc. 2018, 140, 1966.
- Strategies to Enhance the
Photosensitization: Polymerization and D/A Even-Odd Effect Angew. Chem.
Int. Ed. 2018, 57, 15189.
- Manipulation of Molecular Aggregation
States to Realize Polymorphism, AIE, MCL, and TADF in a Single Molecule Angew. Chem.
Int. Ed. 2018, 57, 12473.
- A Versatile Molecular Design for
High-Performance Nondoped OLEDs with ~100%
Exciton Utilization and Negligible Efficiency
Roll-Off Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2018, 59, 9290.
- Design Efficient and Ultralong Pure Organic Room-Temperature Phosphorescent
Materials by Structural Isomerism Angew. Chem.
Int. Ed. 2018, 57, 7997.
- Making Invisible Visible: In Situ
Monitoring the RAFT Polymerization by Tetraphenylethylene-Containing
Agents with Aggregation-Induced Emission Characteristics Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2018, 57, 6274.
- Fluorogenic Ag+-Tetrazolate Aggregation Enables Novel and Efficient
Fluorescent Biological Silver Staining Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2018, 57,
- A Facilely Accessible Ionic Aggregation-induced Emission
Luminogen with Hydrogen Bonding Switchable Emission and Wash-free Imaging
Ability Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2018, 57,
- Red/NIR-Emissive Benzo[d]imidazole-Cored AIEgens: Facile Molecular Design for
Wavelength Extending and In Vivo Tumor Metabolic Imaging Adv. Mater. 2018, 30, 1805220.
- Dynamic Visualization of Stress/Strain Distribution
and Fatigue Crack Propagation by an Organic Mechanoresponsive
AIE Luminogen Adv. Mater. 2018, 30, 1803924.
- Highly Efficient Photosensitizers with
Far-Red/Near-Infrared Aggregation-Induced Emission for In
Vitro and In Vivo Cancer Theranostics Adv.
Mater. 2018, 30, 1802105.
- Corannulene-Incorporated AIE Nanodots
with Highly Suppressed Nonradiative Decay for
Boosted Cancer Phototheranostics in Vivo Adv. Mater. 2018,
- Real-Time and High-Resolution Bioimaging with
Bright Aggregation-Induced Emission Dots in Short-Wave Infrared Region Adv. Mater. 2018, 30, 1706856.
- Engineering Sensor Arrays Using Aggregation-Induced
Emission Luminogens for Pathogen Identification Adv. Funct. Mater. 2018,
- A Bifunctional
Aggregation-induced Emission Luminogen for Monitoring and Killing of
Multidrug-Resistant Bacteria Adv. Funct. Mater. 2018,
- Mitochondria and Lysosomes-Targeted
Synergistic Chemo-Photodynamic Therapy Associated with Self-Monitoring by
Dual Light-Up Fluorescence Adv. Funct. Mater. 2018,
- Caking-Inspired Cold Sintering of
Plastic Supramolecular Films as Multifunctional Platforms Adv. Funct. Mater. 2018, 28,
- Efficient Bipolar Blue AIEgens for
High-Performance Nondoped Blue OLEDs and Hybrid
White OLEDs Adv. Funct.
Mater. 2018, 28, 1803369.
- A Substitution-dependant
Light-up Fluorescence Probe for Selectively Detecting Fe3+ Ions
and Its Cell Imaging Application Adv. Funct.
Mater. 2018, 28, 1802833.
- 1+1>>2: Dramatically Enhancing the Emission
Efficiency of TPE-Based AIEgens but Keeping Their Emission Color through
Tailored Alkyl Linkages Adv. Funct.
Mater. 2018, 28, 1707210.
- Efficient Red/Near-Infrared
Fluorophores Based on Benzo[1,2-b:4,5-b']dithiophene 1,1,5,5-Tetraoxide for Targeted
Photodynamic Therapy and in vivo Two-Photon Fluorescence Bioimaging Adv. Funct. Mater. 2018, 28, 1706945.
- Mechanical Insights into
Aggregation-Induced Delayed Fluorescence Materials with Anti-Kasha
Behavior Adv. Sci. 2018, 5, 1801629.
- Specific Discrimination of
Gram-Positive Bacteria and Direct Visualization of Its Infection towards
Mammalian Cells by A DPAN-Based AIEgen
Biomaterials 2018, 187, 47.
Design of Red AIEgens with New Core Structure from Non-Emissive Heteroaromatics Chem. Sci. 2018, 9, 7829.
- Exploration of Biocompatible
AIEgens from Natural Resources Chem. Sci. 2018, 9, 6497.
- Facile Access to
Deep red/Near-infrared Emissive AIEgens for Efficient Non-doped OLEDs Chem. Sci. 2018, 9, 6118.
- Red-emissive Azabenzanthrone Derivatives for Photodynamic Therapy
Irradiated with Ultralow Light Power Density and Two-Photon Imaging Chem. Sci. 2018, 9, 5165.
- In Situ Generation of Photoactivatable
Aggregation-Induced Emission Probes for Organelle-Specific Imaging Chem. Sci. 2018, 9, 5730.
- Dual Fluorescence
of Tetraphenylethylene-substituted Pyrenes with
Aggregation-Induced Emission Characteristics for White-Light Emission Chem. Sci. 2018, 9, 5679.
- Deciphering the Working Mechanism of
Aggregation-Induced Emission of Tetraphenylethylene Derivatives by
Ultrafast Spectroscopy Chem. Sci. 2018, 9, 4662.
- Rational Design
of A Water-Soluble NIR Aiegen,
and Its Applications for Ultrafast Wash-Free Cellular Imaging and
Photodynamic Cancer Cell Ablation Chem. Sci. 2018, 9, 3685.
- Ultrabright Red AIEgens for Two-Photon
Vascular Imaging with High Resolution and Deep Penetration Chem. Sci. 2018, 9, 2705.
Multichannel Conductance of Novel Single-Molecule Wires Built on
Through-Space Conjugated Hexaphenylbenzene Nano Lett. 2018, 18, 4200.
- Rational Design
of Perylenediimide-Substituted Triphenylethylene to Electron Transporting AIEgens
with High Mobility and Near-Infrared Emission Adv. Funct. Mater. 2018, 28, 1705609.
- Highly Efficient Circularly Polarized
Electroluminescence from Aggregation-Induced
Emission Luminogens with Amplified Chirality and Delayed Fluorescence Adv. Funct.
Mater. 2018, 28, 1800051.
- Diversifed Photo/Electronic Functions Based
on a Simple Chalcone Skeleton: Effects of
Substitution Pattern and Molecular Packing Adv. Funct.
Mater. 2018, 28, 1706506.
- Malonitrile-Functionalized Tetraphenylpyrazine: Aggregation-Induced Emission, Ratiometric Detection of Hydrogen Sulfide and Mechanochromism Adv. Funct. Mater. 2018, 28, 1704689.
- Multifunctional AIEgens: Ready
Synthesis, Tunable Emission, Mechanochromism,
Mitochondrial and Bacterial Imaging Adv. Funct. Mater. 2018, 28, 1704589.
- Biochromic Silole Derivatives: A Single Dye for
Differentiation, Quantitation and Imaging of Live/Dead Cells Mater. Horiz. 2018, 5, 969.
Near-Infrared-II Theranostic System: Ultrastable
Aggregation-Induced Emission Nanoparticles for Long-Term Tracing and
Efficient Photothermal Therapy ACS
Nano 2018, 12, 11282.
- An Ultrasensitive Virion Immunoassay Platform with Dual-Modality Based
on a Multifunctional Aggregation-Induced Emission Luminogen ACS Nano 2018, 12, 9549.
- Bright Near-Infrared
Aggregation-Induced Emission Luminogens with Strong Two-Photon Absorption,
Excellent Organelle Specificity and Efficient Photodynamic Therapy ACS Nano 2018, 12, 8145.
Emission Luminogen with Near-Infrared-II Excitation and Near-Infrared-I
Emission for Ultradeep Intravital
Two-Photon Microscopy ACS Nano 2018, 12, 7936.
- White Light Emission from a Single
Organic Molecule with Dual Phosphorescence at Room Temperature Nature Commun. 2017, 8, 8, 416.
- Mitochondrial Imaging with Combined Fluorescence and
Stimulated Raman Scattering Microscopy Using a Probe of Aggregation-Induced
Emission Characteristic J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2017, 139, 17022.
and Anion-π+ Interaction: A New Strategy for Structural Design of
Aggregation-Induced Emission Luminogens J. Am. Chem.
Soc. 2017, 139, 16974.
- Why Do Simple Molecules
with ‘Isolated’ Phenyl Rings Emit Visible Light? J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2017,
Delivery of AIE Nanoparticles and Pure Organic Phosphorescent Nanocrystals
by Saponin Encapsulation J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2017,
- Dramatic Differences
in Aggregation-Induced Emission and Supramolecular Polymerizability
of Tetraphenylethene-Based Stereoisomers J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2017,
- Metal-Free Multicomponent Tandem Polymerizations of Alkynes,
Amines, and Formaldehyde toward Structure- and Sequence-Controlled
Luminescent Polyheterocycles J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2017, 139, 5075.
- Spontaneous Amino-Yne Click Polymerization: A
Powerful Tool toward Regio-and Stereo-specific
J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2017, 139, 5437.
- Highly Efficient
Nondoped OLEDs with Negligible Efficiency
Roll-Off Fabricated From Aggregation-Induced Delayed Fluorescence
Luminogens Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2017,
Humidity Visualization by Environmental Sensitive Fluorescent Molecular Rotors
Adv. Mater. 2017, 29, 1703900.
- Furan Is Superior to Thiophene: A Furan-cored AIEgen with Remarkable Chromism and OLED Performance Adv. Sci. 2017, 4, 1700005.
Nanoparticles with High Stimulated Emission Depletion Efficiency and
Photobleaching Resistance for Long-Term Super-resolution Bioimaging Adv. Mater. 2017, 29, 1703643.
Synthesis of Red/NIR AIE Luminogens with Simple Structures, Bright
Emissions and High Photostabilities, and Their
Applications for Specific Imaging of Lipid Droplets and Image-Guided
Photodynamic Therapy Adv. Funct. Mater. 2017,
- Robust Red
Organic Nanoparticles for in vivo Fluorescence Imaging of Cancer Cell
Progression in Xenografted Zebrafish Adv. Funct.
Mater. 2017, 27, 1701418.
- Mitochondrion-Anchoring Photosensitizer with Aggregation-Induced Emission Characteristics
Synergistically Boosts the Radiosensitivity of
Cancer Cells to Ionizing Radiation Adv.
Mater. 2017, 29, 1606167.
- Achieving High-Performance Nondoped
OLEDs with Extremely Small Efficiency Roll-Off by Combining
Aggregation-Induced Emission and Thermally Activated Delayed Fluorescence Adv. Funct. Mater. 2017, 27, 201606458.
- Tunable Mechanoresponsive
Self-assembly of An Amide-Linked Dyad with
Dual-Sensitivity of Photochromism and Mechanochromism Adv.
Funct. Mater. 2017, 27, 1701210.
Red-emissive Antibody-AIEgen Conjugate for Turn-on and Wash-free Imaging
of Specific Cancer Cells Chem. Sci. 2017, 8, 7014.
- Two-Photon AIE Bioprobe with Large Stokes Shift
for Specific Imaging of Lipid Droplets Chem.
Sci. 2017, 8, 5440.
- Functionalized AIE Nanoparticles
with Efficient Deep-red Emission, Mitochondria Specificity, Cancer Cell
Selectivity and Multiphoton Susceptibility Chem. Sci. 2017, 8, 4634.
- Light-Up Probe Based on AIEgens: Dual Signal
Turn-On for Cascade Caspase Activation Monitoring Chem. Sci. 2017, 8, 2723.
- Aggregation-Induced Emission: Mechanistic Study
of Clusteroluminescence of Tetrathienylethene Chem. Sci. 2017, 8, 2629.
- AIE-Active Theranostic System: Selective
Staining and Killing of Cancer Cells Chem. Sci. 2017, 8, 1822.
- Photoactivatable Aggregation-Induced Emission
Probes for Lipid Droplets-Specific Live Cell Imaging Chem. Sci. 2017, 8, 1763.
Theranostic System: Targeted Imaging of Cancer Cells and Adjuvant
Amplification of Antitumor Efficacy of Paclitaxel Chem. Sci. 2017, 8, 2191.
- AIEgens for Dark
through-Bond Energy Transfer: Design, Synthesis, Theoretical Study and Its
Application in Ratiometric Hg2+ Sensing Chem. Sci. 2017, 8, 2047.
- Organic Solid Fluorophores Regulated by Subtle
Structure Modification: Color-Tunable and Aggregation-Induced Emission Chem. Sci. 2017, 8, 577.
Stable Organic Small Molecular Nanoparticles as an Advanced and
Biocompatible Phototheranostic Agent of Tumor in Living Mice ACS Nano 2017, 11,
- Nanocrystallization: A Unique
Approach to Yield Bright Organic Nanocrystals for Biological Applications Adv. Mater. 2017, 29, 1604100 (1–6).
- Gelation Process Visualized by
Aggregation-Induced Emission Fluorogens Nature Commun.
2016, 7, 12033.
- Fluorescence Microscopy as an
Alternative to Electron Microscopy for Microscale Dispersion Evaluation of
Organic-Inorganic Composites Nature Commun. 2016,
Imaging of Cell Behaviors in Living Organisms by a Mitochondria Targeting
AIE Fluorogen Adv. Funct. Mater. 2016, 26, 7132.
Fluorescent Nanoprobe with Aggregation-Induced
Emission Characteristics for Selective In Vivo Imaging of Elevated Peroxynitrite Generation Adv. Mater. 2016, 28, 7249.
Mitochondrion-Specific Photoactivatable Fluorescence Turn-on AIE-based
Bioprobe for Localization Super-Resolution Microscope Adv. Mater. 2016, 28, 5064.
- Synthesis of
Imidazole-Based AIEgens with Wide Color Tunability
and Exploration of Their Biological Applications Adv. Funct.
Mater. 2016, 26, 824.
- Rational Molecular Design for
Achieving Persistent and Efficient Pure Organic Room Temperature
Chem 2016, 1, 592.
- A Colour-Tunable
Chiral AIEgen: Reversible Coordination, Enantiomer Discrimination and
Morphology Visualization Chem. Sci. 2016, 7, 6106.
- Luminescent Photonic Crystals with
Multi-functionality and Tunability Chem. Sci. 2016, 7, 5692.
- Synthesis and Design of
Aggregation-Induced Emission Surfactants: Direct Observation of Micelle
Transition and Microemulsion Droplets Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2015, 54, 15160.
- Unusual Aggregation-Induced Emission of a Coumarin Derivative as a Result of the Restriction of
an Intramolecular Twisting Motion Angew. Chem.
Int. Ed. 2015, 54, 14492.
- Multichannel Conductance of Folded
Single-Molecule Wires Aided by Through-Space Conjugation Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2015, 54,
- Mitochondrion-Specific Live-Cell Bioprobe
Operated in a Fluorescence Turn-On Manner and a Well-Designed
Photoactivatable Mechanism Adv. Mater. 2015, 27, 7093.
- Light-up Probe for Targeted and Activatable Photodynamic Therapy with Real-time
In-situ Reporting of Sensitizer Activation and Therapeutic Responses Adv.
Funct. Mater. 2015, 25, 6586.
- Achieving Persistent Room
Temperature Phosphorescence and Remarkable Mechanochromism from Pure Organic Luminogens Adv. Mater. 2015,
- A Luminogen with Aggregation-Induced Emission
Characteristic for Wash-Free Bacterial Imaging, High-Throughput
Antibiotics Screening and Bacterial Susceptibility Evaluation Adv.
Mater. 2015, 27, 4931.
- Insight into the Strong Aggregation-Induced
Emission of Low-Conjugated Racemic C6-Unsubstituted Tetrahydropyrimidines
through Crystal-Structure-Property Relationship of Polymorphs Chem.
Sci. 2015, 6, 4690.
- Aggregation-Induced Emission and
Aggregation-Promoted Photochromism of Bis(diphenylmethylene)dihydroacenes Chem. Sci. 2015, 6,
- Conjugation-Induced Rigidity in Twisting
Molecules: Filling the Gap between Aggregation-Caused Quenching and
Aggregation-Induced Emission Adv. Mater. 2015, 27,
- Single Molecule with Dual Function on Nanogold: Biofunctionalized
Construct for In Vivo Photoacoustic Imaging and SERS Biosensing
Adv. Funct. Mater. 2015, 25,
- High-order Nonlinear Optical Effects in Organic
Luminogens with Aggregation-Induced Emission Adv. Mater. 2015,
(5) Useful Links